Before Shepherd's birth, I did several blog posts documenting my thoughts as my pregnancy wore down. After two weeks of motherhood, I thought I'd do one more post along those lines, so here it goes:
2. Labor and delivery was actually sort of awesome. I mean, it hurt, but it was still pretty amazing. At the end of the day, a sense of accomplishment and reward totally outweighs any memory of pain.
3. My brother is a stellar uncle. When Bro came this past week to meet Shepherd, he had lots of homework he needed to do. Instead, he stared at Shepherd with me. He is currently in Texas having a panic attack about how far behind he is on school work.
4. I spend what seems like 70 percent of the day feeding my son. The doctor's exact words at his two week check-up: "Well, Shepherd gained a little more wieght than we had expected." I could of told them that. My son is a pig.
5. I can get more done in an hour than I ever dreamed possible. Shepherd fell asleep in his swing this morning for a little over an hour. I ran around frantically cleaning because I know what I'll be doing once he wakes up (see number 4).
6. Speaking of Shepherd falling asleep in his swing, this is the only reason I have time to do this post right now:
8. BJ is the best father ever. He helps with baths and diapers and waking up at all hours of the night to (guess what) feed Shepherd.
9. And last but not least, see this picture: