Friday, December 07, 2007

A Cozy Christmas Corner (i love alliteration)

BJ and I have decorated our house, and I must say, it is charming. We have a homemade advent calender from my Mom, homemade stockings I made last year, and homemade ornaments that I made after we moved to Frisco. I've always wanted a homemade Christmas, and this year really is all the way homemade. I'm giving homemade apple butter for presents to extended family and BJ's colleagues, and I've made all of our Christmas cards out of scraps of decorative paper I had in my art room. Here's a picture of our tree (it is not homemade) that we got the other day at Lowe's. (Notice: Gus is trying to drink the tree's water. This is what happens when you have an OCD dog who has an obsession with water.)

After decorating the tree, I decided that we should get some family photos. Tony was outside, so I settled for just us and the dogs. Somehow, though, the dogs were not in the mood for family photo time, which is extremely inconvenient when you're using a timed camera sitting on an ottoman. Here's our first attempt:

And our second attempt:

Can I just say my dog has gotten huge. I mean HUGE. We never got a good portrait, but oh well, this is probably more true to the general chaos of our household. I still thing Gus is awfully cute in these pictures.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! I am glad things are going well for you now!
Can I order your Moms Advent calendar? ;)
I tried to make Mock Apple Butter this year. It was ok. No where near as good as Grandma Farr! Love ya! Deborah

Kayla said...

So cute! We got your Christmas card today. I love it! I decided not to do Christmas cards this year since postage is so expensive, but when I got yours I was wishing I had done them. Sooo....when should I be expecting my apple butter :)