Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Farmington Church of Christ

I think if we members of the Churches of Christ are honest with ourselves, we have to admit that our buildings are generally ugly. I mean, if you want to have your wedding in the church you grew up in, you might as well plan on a background of ancient paneling, tiny windows, grape-juice stained carpet, and badly upholstered pews (and lets not even get started on the subject of the outside of the building). This is why it was such a surprise to see the Farmington Church of Christ: it is beautiful! While we were there last week, I took the liberty of taking a bunch of pictures of the interior. I forget to take any of the outside, but just think cute white church with a steeple. It is adorable. Here is the newly re-vamped inside of the church:

This is the entry way.



These windows line each side of the church.

I love how simple the baptistry is. Anyways, I just wanted to post some pics (especially for you, Mom). And let us all rejoice that there are a few pretty Churches of Christ out there.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it ! Thanks for posting these pics. Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

Wow! That is so nice...how exciting to be apart of that church. I am so happy for you guys. I know you will do great with this new chapter of your lives. Love ya, Haylee

Anonymous said...

So, I just wanted to let you know that I have been reading your blog and really enjoying it. Your artwork is amazing. I am really looking forward to getting to know you and BJ and having you at Farmington.
Kelsey Colley
(I can't wait to get married in this church.)

Kalyn Gensic said...

Thank you so much Kelsey. We are really enjoying it here, and we are looking forward to opening our home up to the youth group very soon. You are all such a wonderful group of young people.