Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Meet my new house

We have finally moved in! After a very long month of anticipation, I got into my house last Tuesday. We painted the living room Tuesday and Wednesday, and moved in our stuff Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. On Saturday afternoon, BJ's family came in, and we spent a relaxing weekend in the swimming pool. I haven't totally finished with wall hangings, but here are some pictures of the house.

These are some pictures of the living room. It was originally a light sage green, but we felt that would clash with our olive green couched, so we painted it this "aqua smoke" blue. Notice the new entertainment center from IKEA!



Next, these are a few pictures of the guest bedroom. If you come to see me, which I hope you will, you will stay in this lovely room.



This is the down stairs bathroom. Are shower curtain couldn't have matched better with the existing colors and fixtures.




We haven't finished with the office, but this is the work space I have set up for myself.


Our kitchen is one of my favorite places to be. It is a bright, happy yellow, and all of my red stuff looks fabulous in it.



Upstairs is our bedroom. The setting of the room makes it feel a million miles away from everything else. It is our own little oasis.



Also upstairs is this precious third bathroom. All it has is this beautiful tub and a ton of closet space. It's kind of like a walk in closet with a bath tub.


Lastly, here is a back yard. We have 1.8 acres of property, so the back yard is enormous. It has fruit trees, and lots of shade. And of course, our new favorite toy, the swimming pool. As a side note, if any of my friends get married while I'm living here, I fully expect the wedding and reception to be in my back yard. It is set up perfectly for the occasion.


Hope I didn't overwhelm anybody with this many pictures. I guess I'm just really, overly excited about my first home.

3 comments:

Kayla said...

So cute! I love the blue living room and yellow kitchen! I feel like such a slacker. We've been in our house a month, and I haven't finished hanging stuff up or taken any pictures. Whoops!

duessa said...

congrats kayln! your house is so adorable and i couldn't be happier for you and your hubby!

Anonymous said...

Congrats! It is beautiful! You should be proud! Hope ya'll are doing good. Deborah