Monday, October 13, 2008

Family in KY

My parents have traveled 15 long hours to Kentucky over the weekend. It is their first time in this state, and so far, they love it.

I have been looking forward to the moment when my parents would see my house and experience my life here with such anticipation that it is almost surreal to actually have them here. Tonight, we set in my little country kitchen that I love so much and ate a big bowl of Dad's homemade chili. It was the perfect meal on a perfect cloudy fall day. Mom and Dad will be here for the rest of the week, so we are passing our time watching the fourth season of the Office (they were behind), eating, shopping, and playing games. It is looking to me a very good week.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tell your parents I said "HI"! It sounds like you're having a great time. I wish I could see my mom this week :(

Brenda

Anonymous said...

So happy they made it and you guys are enjoying time together. Enjoy the time you have with them and tell everyone hello! Take care and talk to you soon. Love ya! -H-

Anonymous said...

Never have I had a better week. Thank you! Love You, Mom