Saturday, September 26, 2009

To Texas and back

Last week, BJ and I traveled to Texas for BJ to attend the ACU Summit. As always, Texas delivered with a wonderful time. Here is our trip in pictures.

We started the trip in Alton because we had to fly out from St. Louis. I got BJ's mom to take a picture of I because I haven't really had pictures taken in the past three years. Here we are before taking off:


The dogs stayed with BJ's mom in Alton. This meant I had to say goodbye to Gus *sniffle*. But I had to get one good picture of Gus before I left to show the man at Nugent who gave him to us. Sienna, as is often her habit, snuck into the picture. She's a ham.

Upon arrival in Abilene, Josh and Allie picked us up and took us on a whirlwind trip to Lubbock to see there new house. While there, we played games. This is Josh reading the instructions while the rest of us daydream about gumdrops and jelly beans. Why gumdrops and jelly beans? Lets just say this game had really, really long instructions.


We took a quick group picture before we left. The guys were surprisingly cooperative about this picture. Maybe they're maturing? No, that can't be it.

Monday, my parents came up and took me to Waco. This is me a Bro walking around Waco. Actually, it is a totally staged photo we were forced to do for Mom's scrapbooking purposes.


This is the four of us taking a photo in his tiny, miniscule, walk-in closet size apartment. Maybe it wasn't that small, but it was really small. I like it.

When I finally settled in Abilene on Tuesday (two days before it was time to leave), I had a game night with the Gensics. I'm not sure what everyone is laughing about in this photo, but knowing the Gensics, it probably has something to do with bodily function.


And then, perhaps most importanty, I got to meet Emerald's precious daughter, Lily Vienne. She let me hold her for a solid 3 hours. Her fingernails are extremely small. I know that there are probably more significant things I could say about meeting her, but I really couldn't get over how small the fingernails are.


Lastly, here is a photo of the luggage the airport managed to ruined. They broke this zipper. Gotta love traveling!

3 comments:

Kayla said...

Haha! Darby and I just got the game you guys played--Power Grid. The directions are really long! I like it, though. But, after three weekends in a row of playing it, I finally put my foot down and said we were NOT playing it this weekend.

I'm so jealous of you getting to hold Lily! I've looked at Em's pictures on Facebook at least 5 times. I want to hold that sweet girl!

Anonymous said...

I think the "staged" photo is so cute. It was worth putting up with all your brothers fussing. Thank YOU for just letting me have the photos I want without fussing.

I am so glad we had the time with you last week.

Love you,
Mom

Mrs. Gray said...

Aww! Em's baby!