Monday, July 12, 2010

Nesting, Artist Style

It is safe to say that as the third trimester is only a week away, my nesting instinct has fully set in. Mom is rapidly quilting, and I will be picking up the leftover scraps next week so that I can start making some of the accessory pieces. But until the sewing starts, I am working on art to hang around the crib. Since we are doing a dog theme, I've decided to do watercolor and ink paintings of two or three dogs. I'm hoping that they will be artworks that can grow with our son and be treasures later in life. I just completed the first painting. Keeping in mind that it will (hopefully) look better after being matted and framed, here's a look at the Great Dane I finished this weekend:

3 comments:

John Pierce said...

Ah yes, but the real challenge would be to paint a Gus, rather than a Great Dane. It would take some skill to make a painting of a Gus not look like a Rorschach blot.

Katina said...

Kayln,
I am Kayla's Aunt Katina. I admit that I stalk your blog (yikes!) and I LOVE your dog stories! I am a dog lover, too...and I just HAD to tell you that your picture is AMAZING! I can't draw a straight line with a ruler....your art is beautiful! Congrats and Best wishes for the new baby!

Anonymous said...

This is awesome! It looks like the dog is going to look over the crib and protect that little guy!:)Deborah