Wednesday, November 28, 2012

My friend, Kayla, tagged me to answer a few random questions.  I am always happy to respond to randomness, so here it goes.

1.  What's your favorite holiday? Christmas, because I love picking out presents for all of my family members.  Also, I love my kids' birthdays.  Planning parties is so much fun!

2. When you were young, what did you want to be when you grew up?  A pianist.  I practiced hours on end, but eventually decided the visual arts would be more lucrative (hahahahahahaha).

3. What hobby would you like to take up if you had more money/time? Printmaking.  I do a little lino-cutting at home, but I would live to have my own printing press so I could do dry points, etchings, and embossments. 

4. What TV shows do you currently watch? At the moment, I am going through Everybody Loves Raymond on Netflix. As far as current show, though, my favorites are Psych, White Collar, and Parks and Recreation.   

5. How long do you spend getting ready on a typical morning? Mom of two.  I don't get ready on a typical morning.

6. What does your name mean?/Why did your parents choose your name? Kalyn doesn't really have a meaning.  My parents picked it because it is pretty.  I think that is a good reason to pick a name, and I'm quite happy with their choice.

7. What's the best gift you've ever received? My dad built me a doll house when I was about 7.  It rocked my world.  I can't wait to re-gift it to Lydia in a few years.

1 comment:

Kayla said...

Thanks for answering! Our TV tastes are very similar. I'm currently going through Everybody Loves Raymond on my own, and Darby and I love Psych, White Collar, and Parks and Recreation. :)