Sunday, March 31, 2013

Easter 2013

I hope everyone had a happy Easter.  Ours was really wonderful.  BJ and Greg (our worship minister) constructed a truly inspired service that made for a beautiful celebration.  BJ still manages to blow me away with his sermons every once in a while, and today was certainly one of those days.

Of course, in the background of the religious holiday was the fun of dressing up my kids and doing an Easter egg hunt.  Here are two pictures of Shepherd in the vest and tie Aunt Marcy sent.  I really need to start dressing this kid up more often because he did not know what to do with himself this morning.  He kept yanking at the vest and tie while moaning, "I stuck, I stuck."  And not surprisingly, he bolted out of the church once, got his hands muddy, and immediately rubbed them all over his pale yellow vest.  That's my boy.


Overall, Lydia was pretty impressed with her get-up this morning.  She looked so adorable I giggled for about the first two hours of the day.  Unfortunately, the awesome dress didn't make her any nicer.  While she did smile at me, BJ, Shepherd, and occasionally Mamm and Pap, everyone else got the icy cold glares to which they've all become accustomed.


Lydia isn't much for bows, so the only way we kept it on for half of the morning was by giving her plenty of entertainment.  Her she is with an absolutely fascinating plastic spoon and two Easter eggs.


BJ is significantly harder to entertain.


And last but not least, here are some pictures of little man's Easter egg hunt.  I had ten eggs (2 year olds don't have the longest attention spans), and each egg had 4 m&m's in them.  Each time he would find an egg he would open it up, say "mmm, more m-m's," and eat each m&m slowly while telling us what color they were. It took a really, really long time.


Like I said, it was a fantastic holiday.  I wish I had more good pictures, but my camera batteries died (boo).  Anyways, thanks to Mamm and Pap for making it so special by spending it all with us.

1 comment:

Kayla said...

The kids look adorable! I love how Shep thought he was "stuck." Too funny.