Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Making a Rental a Home: Part 2

Our camera batteries died, so this little series had to take a hiatus until I actually remembered to buy some.  But to continue our quest to make what was once a very unsavory rental a home, here is what we've done to the living room.

For this room, we obviously took out the very stained and a little musty-smelling carpets.  We painted the very white walls a neutral wicker color.  Also, we put up new curtains in a soft green-blue hue that complements the olive couches.  I've also switched up wall hangings throughout the living and dining areas just because I needed a change.

Our living room includes our dining area.  I have plans to paint the table, but that probably won't get done for a couple of months yet.  Until then, the main change is the art area I created to display Shepherd's (and one day Lydia's) artwork.  

Last Wednesday, I decided it was time to do something with this wall, so I painted the Picasso quote, hung up some clothes line, and (ta-da) we have our very own art gallery.  Shepherd gets very excited to see his most recent creations go up on the wall.  If you come to our house, It is likely that he will show it off.

That's the new living room!  Up next, the bathroom!

2 comments:

Marcy said...

Looks great! Floors are fabulous! And what can I say...Shephard's art! Show some close-ups! Love you all so much and can't wait to see you!

Kayla said...

Looks great!