Saturday, September 07, 2013

This Weekend's Project

It took me a while, but I finally got to one of the items on my to-do list for Lydia's room: redoing on old bookshelf.  We had an old, ugly, cheap, worn-out bookshelf from BJ's undergrad days that was simply an eye sore.  However, I felt like with a fresh coat of paint and a few embellishment it would make a functional storage and organization unit for a kid's room (personally, I find it silly to put nice, expensive furniture in a kid's room because kids live in kid's rooms.)  So my dad applied some peach paint I had sitting in the garage from a previous renovation and added a clothing rod for hanging Lydia's dresses, and I painted some old picture frames and the rod with paint I had from when I painted Lydia's name for her room.  I then added some ribbon to the edges of the shelf, painted labeling words inside the frames, added ribbon for hanging bows, and, ta-da, we have what amounts to a really cute closet.  I love what it has added to the room, and since I already had most of the supplies on hand, it ended up costing less than ten dollars.  Here are a few shots.





(On this last picture, BJ added hook underneath the "Coats" frame right after I snapped the picture.  We now have two spots to hang her jackets this winter.)


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We love this! It is so cute, you are so talented. Love you, Mom