Sunday, January 12, 2014

Sundays at the First Christian Church of Ardmore

I'm usually so good about blogging once a week, but the holiday season got me horribly off my schedule the past few weeks.  I still haven't caught up on house chores and getting the kids back into a somewhat normal schedule. Also, there is the nausea and fatigue of growing a new baby, but I'll save that for a blog post later this week :).

For now, I just want to take a moment to list my favorite things about Sundays:

1. My teen class. About seven months ago, I started teaching the teen class at our church. I was a bit intimidated by the challenge, but I decided to jump in a give it a try. What I didn't expect was that I would fall in love with my girls. It was supposed to be a three month stretch, but obviously, I haven't felt compelled to stop yet.

2. Hearing Rev. BJ Gensic preach. I know I'm biased, but he really does always deliver a great sermon. And he isn't the type of preacher you zone out on while listening.  I'm always glued to the message from beginning to end.

3. Taking the Eucharist. When I have to miss a Sunday morning service for whatever reason, I always miss having this meal with my family. And yes, my church is family to me.

4. Watching Shepherd eat his donut before class. He always sits at the men's table in the parlor with several men ages 50 and over.

5. Smelling Lydia's hair for the rest of the day after church. She always smells like the perfumes of all the ladies who held her that morning.

6. Last but not least, singing. We seriously have the best worship leader and accompanists.

No comments: