Friday, May 29, 2015

Frozen According to Shepherd and Lydia

You might have heard in the news that we here in Oklahoma have been getting a lot of rain. When you have a 4 year old and a 2 year old, a perpetually muddy yard and never-ending downpour of rain can quickly drive a family to insanity. So to help keep us all in tact, we've been really having to stretch our imaginations. During the girls' nap time the other day, I temporarily emptied one of my kitchen cabinets and made Shepherd a "room" in which to play. Since then, he has hardly left his cozy little nook.

Lydia, like any little sister, has lurked nearby wanting to play with her brother. They have managed to come up with several games involving the cabinet, but since I'm always busy with dishes or laundry or Violet, I haven't paid too much attention to the details. The other day, I stopped long enough to listen and watch from around the corner. Here is what I witnessed:

(Shepherd in his room and Lydia squatting outside the closed doors)
Lydia: Shep-ud, do you want to build a snowman? (repeats 3 or 4 times)
Shepherd: (coming out of his room) Yeah, Lydi, I want to build a snowman!
Lydia: (laughing exuberantly and jumping in circles) I Olaf! I Olaf!
Shepherd: I'm Iceman and I'm going to freeze you with my ice vision! (Starts glaring at different objects in the kitchen with a strained, constipated look while Lydia continues to giggle and declare that she is Olaf)

After a few minutes of Shepherd freezing things and Lydia being Olaf, Shepherd returned to his cabinet and the whole game started over from the beginning. While I do really like the original Frozen, I'd say this version is pretty entertaining as well.

No comments: