Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Shopping like a grown up

When my brother graduated from ACU three years ago, my parents got him a lab top since he was planning on going to grad school and he like computer-type stuff. Me, not so much. I'm NOT going to grad school, and I do NOT like computers. But they did want to get me an equal size gift, so I got money to go buy a couch for my home.

I've been researching online for a couple of weeks, so when Memorial Day rolled around, I was ready to go out shopping. I had figured out online that if I was careful, I could probably get a five piece living room set for the money I had. Mom came up to help out, and we pretty much figured out the whole furniture thing in the first two hours and spent the following six hours shopping for what really matters: clothes. After Mom left, I took BJ to Ashley Furniture to show him his choices, he fell in love with one set (basing his decision on which is was more comfortable), and we bought it.

This was really exciting. We are coming up on our one year anniversary, and we are still having a bunch of firsts. This was our first big purchase. We were actually pretty giddy on the way home from the store. It feels like we may actually be grown ups, but I'm still not sure.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isn't it fun doing new things as a couple! Marshal and I will be married 3 years on June 5th and we are still leaning new things about each other and having those 'first' moments a lot! After 3 years it is still fun!!! Enjoy the new furniture! Love ya!

Anonymous said...

I had a wonderful day with you shopping. It is a memory I will enjoy for years. Thank you for being such a wonderful daughter.