Thursday, June 21, 2007

Taking a short moment at work to write a cheesy post

I just received a call from BJ. He was walking to the office where he will have yet another job interview, and he was feeling sick with nerves. This time, the interview is a little different from the bagillion other ones we've had in the past year. With every interview, we have prayed and pleaded that he would get the job so we could stay in Abilene and be comfortable. This time, the job isn't in Abilene, and I don't have a clue what I want to happen or what would be best for us. I want BJ to have a job he likes, but neither one of us want to leave Nugent. So while BJ is walking to todays interview, I'm taking a moment to say a prayer I probably should have been saying all along this past year when he was walking to interviews: Your will be done. It just took me a year to figure this one out.

3 comments:

Kayla said...

I said a prayer for BJ yesterday, too. I think yours was better, though. Mine was "Please, please let him get this job." How did it go, by the way? I meant to call yesterday, but I was up to my eyeballs in dissertation stuff.

Anonymous said...

I know things will work out for you both! I know it is hard making decisions such as jobs and life ahead...trust in God and everything will work out. Let me know how it goes though. Talk to you soon. Love ya!

Anonymous said...

Kalyn, I just read this post after your June 27 post and I'm sitting here tearing up. God is good, isn't He? I know He has amazing things in store for you and BJ. :)