Monday, July 09, 2007

#2 on life goals list

A couple of months ago, I did a post on my ten life goals. Number 2 on the list was to start a small business. Well, what better time to attempt to accomplish a challenging life goal than when you move 200 miles a start fresh in a new place? I have been working the past few days on launching a small business in which I will teach small art classes, private art lessons, and private piano lessons. I now have a website for Ms Kalyn's Art School, and I have contacted two home schooler organizations in an attempt to get some students.

After working four weeks (I know, a monstrously long time) at a job that does not in any way involve art, I'm starting to remember why I switched majors three years ago: I don't thrive without art. I make it okay, yes. But there's no thriving going on until I come home at five and launch into designing wedding invitations for a friend or practicing the piano for my sister-in-law's wedding. I've decided to go ahead and take the chance on making a living out the things I love to do. BJ and I (and Sienna and Gus and Tony) may starve for a few months, but, hey, isn't that what artists do best?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

THIS IS BRIAN TORREY, I GREW UP GOING TO CHURCH CAMP WITH BJ "CAMP INDOGAN" I HAVE BEEN TRYING FOR QUITE SOME TIME NOW TO LOCATE HIS SISTER ALLISON, IF YOU COULD HAVE BJ GIVE ME A CALL OR EMAIL ME AT TALLISGOOD93@YAHOO.COM I WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE IT.... AND KALYN YOU HAVE YOUR HANDS FULL WITH BJ, GOOD LUCK, AND ALSO TELL BJ MATT PARSHALL SAID HELLO.... HE CAN ALSO CALL ME @ 260-493-7178