Thursday, May 15, 2008

Here we come, Kentucky!

Bags are packed, the car has new tires, fresh oil, and a shining clean interior, and, most importantly, the dogs are washed. That's right. It's time for a road trip. BJ and I are leaving in approximately two hours to embark on our journey to Kentucky. BJ has an interview with a church in Farmington, KY, so we're making a four day weekend out of it and circling up to see his parents. I'm pretty nervous, actually. Two whole days of interviewing is a daunting prospect.

In preparation for the trip, I washed the dogs yesterday. Actually, I washed Sienna. Gus, would not get in the tub for me. No matter how much I commanded and pleaded, he just stared at me. I even tried lifting the 70 pound dog. I don't think I need to say that didn't work. So I waited until BJ got home. BJ lifted him up and tossed him in the tub. Then we washed him. By the time we were done washing that mass of hair, Gus was entirely traumatized. Here is a picture of him drowning his woes in his food bowl:

This is Sienna wishing she had more food, because, as always, she finished eating before Gus:

Gus stayed wrapped up in that towel all evening. It was like a small child with their blanky after a traumatizing event. Unfortunately, dogs don't have thumbs to suck.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

*hugs and best wishes*