Monday, May 12, 2008

My art room is growing

Although I enjoyed doing some grad courses in English, I am really glad they're over. I was getting tired of writing and reading, and I was itching to get back into the art room. Since my last day, pretty much all I've done is catch up in the art room. Unfortunately, as often happen in my house (past room mates can attest to this), my art room has spilled out into other areas of the house. I've been doing a fairly extravagant printmaking process for the past couple of months, and, as you can see below, my dining room has had to pay the price:

I finally finished this project late last night. Here is the final product:


I'm hoping to have an art show in my home town before the end of the year. These, of course, would be in the show, and they'd be up for sale. As I've said, this past semester at UNT was fun, but if it taught me anything, it is that I will get a masters degree in art if I get it in anything.

2 comments:

Erin Voss said...

Your art looks sooo good! You are very talented. I need to commission you to make some pieces for our place sometime! :)

Kayla said...

Haha! I remember the art projects growing and taking over! You're lucky to have so much more room than our tiny Morris "apartment." The prints look great! How much are you planning to sell them for?