Wednesday, March 04, 2009

To my ACU friends

Even though it has been nearly two years since I graduated from college, old running jokes still pop up in my head from time to time. This is especially true of my freshman year when so much of my time was spent with my brother, his friends Will, and the Fat Tuesday girls. So, anyways, tonight at church we sang "There's a Stirring," a nice, normal praise song sung at many churches across the country. But instead of thinking about the emotions that should be "stirring" in me while listening to this song, I immediately thought of Will and diarrhea. I'm not going to go into why I thought that or how any of it is connected. The point is, I thought about Will and diarrhea tonight at church, and that is disturbing.

So I'm wondering, to all of my college friends who read this blog, do these memories creep up on you, which memories have remained the clearest, and are they as disturbing as the ones I find myself remember? I will make me feel better if I'm not the only one.

3 comments:

Kayla said...

Haha! Did Will's diarrhea have to do with his digestive issues with cheese? I remember talking a lot about cheese.

One praise song related memory I have is when we were in Seattle for Spring Break, and we would always sing that song, "You really are more beautiful than anyone, ever! Every day, you're the same. You never change, oh, never!" John and I would make fun of it, and Will would get mad because he liked it.

One memory that is very vivid to me is being in Em's room in Gardner. (I think it might have just been me, Brittany, and Em.) I was dancing to the song "Ignition" with the blinds open, and they were HORRIFIED! Sigh...good times.

I could go on forever. Maybe we should include some of our favorite memories in our chain letter.

Mrs. Gray said...

Haha, y'all are dorks! And yes, I sometimes get stuck in a flashback too! I'll see if I can come visit... you know summer is my time for traveling, and that's coming up!

Mrs. Gray said...

P.S. I'm sorry all of my sentences ended in exclamation marks. I was really saying them all with emphasis though. I promise. And yes, I wanted to put exclamation marks on those last sentences too.