Thursday, March 25, 2010

Ten Weeks In

I hit 10 weeks in my pregnancy this week. Not too far along, but nearing the end of the first trimester. The nausea is easing, although it is still very present. I am now waking up two to three times a night for bathroom runs, which is seriously putting a hitch in my sleep cycle, but it is becoming a common part of life.

Last night at church, a group of ladies pointed out that they can now see my baby bump. This made me laugh because the bump is getting ridiculously noticeable. I've known women who didn't 'look' pregnant until several months into their pregnancy. I'm not one of those woman. We had a candle lit the other night, and I just about freaked out when I saw my shadow on the wall. I can't even recognize it anymore.

Honestly, this is all that has been gong on in my life the past few weeks. Pregnancy seems to take over pretty much everything. I can't do much besides being pregnant because I never feel good. So I'm basically sitting around while God is growing a baby inside of me. It is busy work. I may not look busy when I'm laying around all day moaning over my nausea, but believe me, I'm busy.

3 comments:

Kayla said...

I want to see a picture of your bump. I bet it's so cute! The reason you're showing so early is because you're so dang skinny! Sorry you're feeling so nauseous. I hope that will get better soon.

Unknown said...

Growing a baby is some seriously hard work...lay around all you need to. We are so excited for y'all!

Anonymous said...

I am so happy for ya'll! Having a baby is the most humbling experience. You feel so inept and unable, yet somehow God knows exactly what that little gal needs. (Obviously, I am rooting for a girl. One named Violet would be my exact prediction:)Love and prayers- Deborah