Wednesday, March 10, 2010

What has really been going on the past month

On Valentine's Day, this happened:


In the following week, I was an emotional wreck, so happy to be pregnant but neurotically nervous about everything. BJ was also very happy. But then, he realized that he would need to pay for the child's college tuition, which sent him into a rash of worrying.

The next week, we both settled down a bit, getting a little more used to the idea of becoming parents. At this points, bets started about the gender of the baby. My family was the only people who knew at this point, so it went something like this: I think its a boy, BJ thinks its a girl, Mom agrees with me that it is a boy, Dad is waiting to make a call until he can think of a way to word it so that he will be right either way, and Bro thinks it is left-handed. Don't ask.

The next week was the week BJ's parents were coming down, so we were (finally) going to get to tell them. We bought the following bibs to break the good news:


To clarify, the bib on the left says, "Don't look at me, that smell is coming from grandpa!", and the bib on the right says, "What happens at grandma's stays at grandma's!"

Once we broke the news to BJ's family, I got to tell my friends, and it was absolutely wonderful! They all squealed exactly like I was hoping they would. I have the best girlfriends ever!

And as for this week, the nausea has set in, and it has set in good. All food that is not totally bland sounds disgusting. Cheese is the worst. Especially melty cheese. There is a whole other slew of symptoms going on, but I'll spare you the details.

So there is a whirl-wind tour of life over the past month. I don't know what else to say except that we're happy.

7 comments:

Brittany Baumgartner said...

I'm going with left-handed girl. :)

Brandi Harris said...

Congrats, Kalyn!

Kayla said...

Yay yay yay! I've been waiting and waiting for you to post something. You already know that I think it's a girl. I wish melty cheese made me sick. I'd probably weigh about 10 pounds less. :) But, seriously, I hope you feel better soon. But not too soon. Sickness during the first trimester is correlated with a lower risk of birth defects. Just your little pregnancy trivia for the day.

Anonymous said...

Not only are you happy, but your mother is happy, happy, happy, happy, happy.........


Love you,
Mom

Anonymous said...

Kalyn...I was sooooo excited to hear about the new little bundle! Can't wait to hear about all your "progress." We are so happy for your growing family! Now get back to Texas with that baby...ASAP
-Sarah, Garrett, Charlotte, and "Baby B"

Erin Voss said...

Congratulations! I'm so excited for you and BJ. Post some belly pics! :)

Brenda said...

I think I will go with "ambidextrous boy"...just to be original.