Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Stretching the Limit

Yesterday, I wore a pair of my non-maternity jeans to work. For the past 6 to 8 weeks, I've been able to wear my non-maternity pants by looping a pony-tail holder through the buttonhole and around the button. This is an invaluable trick for pregnant ladies.

However, I fear the end is coming for this little trick. For the first time this pregnancy, I felt horribly uncomfortable in my non-maternity pants. This led to that practice I have so perfected over many years of being neurotic: a panic attack. I came home moaning to BJ, "I didn't think I could get any bigger than I was, but I'm bigger. I'm definitely bigger!" To which BJ replied, "You aren't getting fat. You are just getting more pregnant." I know. His logic is stunning. I need some stunning logic in my life.

But I have one other trick besides BJ's constant doses of logic to help me through my many I'm-getting-fat panic attacks. It's called ultrasound photos. This kid I'm carrying, he is cute. I mean really, really cute. And I know it is cheesy to say, but I'm enamored with him. While my neurotic nature can lead to illogical panic attacks, it can also lead to illogical love, and that is always a good thing.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is a good thing. Nothing is better than love.

Anonymous said...

I have Baby Gensic's picture on my board and I think he's beautiful, too. I think it's completely wonderful how much we all love him already. Can't wait to see you this weekend.
Love
Mom G