Thursday, August 05, 2010

Texas pictures (finally)

As promised, and better late than never (right?), here are some pictures from my week in Texas.

When I arrived at my parent's house Saturday, the first thing I wanted to see was the baby quilt my mom had been slaving over the previous six weeks. It did not disappoint. In fact, it exceeded my expectations. I knew we had cute fabrics, but Mom did a truly beautiful job piecing them together and hand quilting them. It is a perfect quilt for a little boy. Here are some pictures.




Menard has had a lot of rain this summer, so my parent's yard looked gorgeous. I took a few pictures to show off my mom's caladiums, but this is only a small presentation. And just so you know, there is a purpose for all the scare crows. They are literally the only way Mom and Dad have found to keep the deer from eating the caladiums.

(front of house)

(east porch)

My brother drove me from DFW to Menard, so he was with us a couple of days. I made him take a picture with me. He whined.


Here is a really good picture of my parents. Seriously, don't I have cute parents?


The night before the baby shower, Mom and I frantically baked applesauce bread for some hostess gifts.

(Mom frantically baking.)

Since we were frantically baking, we didn't have time to do the pile of dishes we had created. So we made Dad do them.


Thursday was the baby shower. It honestly was one of the nicest showers I've ever been to. Everything was gorgeous, the food was delicious, and it was so nice seeing people I hadn't see in what seems like forever. Here is a picture of me with the hostesses from the shower.


My Fat Tuesday friend, Erin (left), got to come to the shower from San Antonio, and I had so much fun catching up with her. Theresa (right) was in town the whole week, so we had a great time seeing each other. Between her being an army wife and me being a preacher's wife, we never know when our paths will cross, so it is always a blessing when they do.


Finally, this is me with the plethora of baby stuff I got at the shower. Look at all those cute little blue things! Now, if I can only figure out a way to fit them all into my house.


I wish I had more pictures from the shower, but I was too busy opening presents to do much picture taking. I don't have any pictures of my aunts and cousins who came, so hopefully my mom will post some pictures on her blog soon (hint, hint). I also just realized that I don't have a picture of the beautiful rocking chair my parent's got me, but that will come soon. Hopefully, in the not too distant future, I'll be posting the baby's room/area. It is coming together so cutely!

P.S. Forgive me for saying the word "cute" too much, but being pregnant has turned me into a giant mush bag. It is embarrassing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love these pictures, we had such a fun week. love you, mom