Thursday, September 16, 2010

Randomness: Catching Up with an Old Friend, Nesting, and My Fat-ness

One of my closest friends from college, Kayla, came down to Farmington this past weekend for a baby shower the church threw me Sunday afternoon. We had a wonderful time catching up and, of course, eating. That's what Fat Tuesday girls do. We talk and eat.


The shower was lovely, and the baby is now basically fully equipped.


I've been working on his area in our room for the past few weeks. We finally got his bedding totally finished.


This is the gorgeous rocking chair my parents got us from the Amish village near our home.


Here is a close up of the bedding. Of course, Mom made the quilt, and I made the bumper pads from quilt scraps.


There is a lot more to the baby's area, but I'm going to save those pictures until I finish putting up everything from this past shower.

As a side note, I am now officially 8 months pregnant according to my baby book. Although I haven't really posted the traditional 'belly pictures' this whole pregnancy, I thought I would throw one up now that I'm nearing the finish line. Mainly, I decided to do this because I am now looking comically large and I thought everyone might enjoy a good laugh. BJ literally giggles every time he looks at me. For those of you who are thinking, "I just can't imagine BJ giggling," he now giggles. Just trust me.

5 comments:

Kayla said...

Oh my goodness! Is it just me, or has your belly grown since I saw you a few days ago?? Maybe it's just the tight shirt. You look adorable.

The bed looks great all put together! Enjoy your final month (woo-hoo!)

Anonymous said...

Kalyn, I keep coming to your site and looking at you - you are just so cute! And I giggle everytime I look at the picture of you! Love, Mam P.

Shannon said...

You do look adorable! Can't wait to see you being such a cute momma!

Anonymous said...

Everything looks great! I can't wait to see our little man in that crib. And I hope you don't mind that we're all giggling at you. We can't help it, you're just so cute1
Love you,
Nana G

Anonymous said...

Looks like you are about ready to have that little boy!!! All the baby stuff looks precious!! Love, Aunt Barbara