Wednesday, November 10, 2010

BJ's Parenting Techniques: Part 1

Anyone who know BJ knows that he is very methodical. For example, he raised Sienna and is now raising Zoe in such a way that unflinchingly abides by certain dog-training techniques. (I did not mention Gus here because he required no training. Although BJ loves Gus, he has been constantly baffled by the dog's total lack of dog-ness.) Anyways, BJ has unsurprisingly approached parenthood with the same matter-of-fact, abide-by-the-book methodology. If you are curious, my parenting technique is more of the blubberingly sentimental, all-heart, no-head variety you might expect of me.

So I've decided to post some of BJ's techniques that are getting his overly-emotional wife and cry-baby son (I'm allowed to call him a cry-baby since he is a baby who does in fact cry) through each day. First, we have the football hold.


When BJ gets home from work, I pass Shep off so that I can go frantically prepare dinner before I need to feed Shep again. If Shep gets fussy, BJ calmly takes him and puts him in the football hold. The football hold is a technique we learned in one of the baby books we read before Shep was born. Here's a close up.


You might call it BJ and Shep's first game of ball. Regardless, it buys me a good thirty minutes to get stuff done. Here's one more picture for cutness's sake:


Also notice how BJ can get stuff done on the computer while keeping our son calm and happy. Next up: BJ's Duct-tape Swaddling. You will not want to miss that one.

2 comments:

Kayla said...

Ha! Love the last picture! He looks a little scared. :) I also love your description of you and BJ's parenting styles. You make a great team.

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see part 2.
Love
Nana