Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Christmas with Family, and the Onslaught of Dirty Diapers

BJ, Shepherd, and I just returned from Christmas with the Gensics. We had a wonderful week passing Shepherd around and playing cards.


On Christmas Day, we went to my mother-in-law's mother's house and spent time with the other side of the family. I don't know what it was about Christmas day, but Shepherd dirtied more diapers in a day than I thought was possible. To make matters worse, the diapers weren't containing the poo very well, so he also went through three outfits. On our way back to the Gensics that night, he wet another diaper only minutes after we had hit the road. The minivan was packed, so his Nana had to change his diaper while he was in his car seat. It took a lot of maneuvering, but he got cleaned up. My favorite part of Christmas day was probably when he looked up at his Nana with a look that clearly said, "Are you seriously going to change my diaper like this?" See below.

My parents are having some pretty serious Shep-withdrawals, so yesterday I made them a video of Shepherd smiling and playing. I decided to post it here if for no other reason than to prove just how stupid a parent will act in the pursuit of a smile from a two-month old.


I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas, and just in case I don't post again before Saturday, Happy New Years!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I see more rolls in that fat little leg - it is so cute and sweet. I love the expression on his face that he is giving his Nana! And, thank you for the video, it is just precious. Give him a kiss from Mamm.

Unknown said...


This article is very interesting and gives a little information and don't forget to visit the site thank you.
Slots