Saturday, January 01, 2011

Change of Name

When I first started my blog, it was called, "Living with a Boy, a Dog, and a Crazy Cat." Then we got another dog, so I called it, "Living with a Boy, Two Dogs, and a Crazy Cat." Well, 2010 was a pretty epic year with a lot of changes; we are minus one cat and we've added a baby. So I've decided it is time once again to change the title of my blog. It is now going to be "Just Me and My Boys." It isn't that the dogs aren't important. It is just a bit of a mouthful to say "Just Me and My Boys and Our Dogs", don't you think?

Speaking of our dogs, they have officially accepted Shepherd into the pack. How do I know this? Yesterday, I had our laundry sorted out into piles in preparation for laundry day. All of Shepherd's laundry was in a pile all its own because his clothes are washed with Dreft. Dogs love laying on the clothes of their owners (aka pack leaders). It has something to do with being encompassed by their smell. Anyways, both Gus and Zoe picked Shepherd's pile of clothes to camp out on.

There are a few other signs that Shepherd has been initiated. When I tell Gus to go check on Shep, he immediately runs to the baby and sniffs him. If company comes over, Gus goes to the doorway of whatever room Shepherd is in and barks, forming a barrier of sorts. This is a habit we will need to break. Zoe gets a concerned look on her face when Shepherd is crying, and anytime I leave the house with Shepherd, she has a conniption. There is only one thing that can be deduced from all of this: our home is full of puppy love, and it's a good thing.

Here's a picture of Shepherd chilling on the couch from earlier today. I have no reason for posting this other than the fact that he's so cute it makes my heart hurt, and I want to share this with all of you.

No comments: