Tuesday, August 09, 2011

A Very Important Announcement

In less than two months, BJ, Shepherd, Gus, and I will be Okies. BJ has accepted an offer for the pulpit minister position at a church in Ardmore, Oklahoma. Our trip to OK two weeks ago was wonderful. We got to know some magnificently kind and loving people who we are looking forward to getting to know better. Of course, we only got the job because of Shepherd's cuteness, but we aren't above riding on our son's coat tails.

In other news, we had a delightful visit from my brother and his girl-friend, Stephanie. Shepherd is being a little difficult this week after basking in non-stop attention from his uncle and Stephanie. We took a whole slew of pictures their last day here to document their visit, but between BJ hating pictures, Bro somehow never looking in the correct place, Shepherd moving non-stop, and Stephanie and I distracted by the chaos, very few our presentable. But you know me. I'll put them up anyways.

This was supposed to be a picture of us. Instead, it was a picture of Uncle Bro's shoulder.


This is our first attempt at a picture of the five of us in which you can see more than one person's shoulder.
This is our second attempt. I call it: "Where's BJ?"
This is the picture after which we gave up.
Thankfully, I got one good picture of Shepherd with Bro and Stephanie. Cute, isn't it?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, it is very cute. I am so happy you all had such a good week. Wish I could have been there. Love you all,
Mom

Kayla said...

Yay! So happy for y'all. John and Stephanie make a very cute couple. And, of course, the baby in the picture only multiplies the cuteness. :)

Allison Knutson said...

Yay yay yay yay yay yay yay. You're going to be closer to us. Yay. If I haven't managed to convey my excitement over this yet with the multiple yay's and by deafening your husband when I screamed on the phone....let me just say - this is the BEST news I've had in forever. Can't wait.

Shannon said...

Congrats! You will be a little closer to Texas. I wish the best for yall!

Shannon