Wednesday, April 04, 2012

The Family Tree

Shepherd and I are spending a few days in Menard so that we can help my dad celebrate his 60th birthday tomorrow. Being around family has reminded me of the gene pool where my son's eclectic personality comes from. So, briefly, here is a list of the parts of our immediate families that I see in Shepherd:

BJ: Just look at them.

BJ's Dad (Papa): Inquisitiveness. Papa is a chemist.

BJ's Mom (Nana): An outie. Everyone else in the family tree has an innie belly button. Incidentally, this is the feature of which Shepherd is by far the most proud and the most apt to show off.

BJ's Sister (Auntie Al): Busyness. Just plain old busyness.

Me: A shy streak. When meeting new people he always breifly looks down at his shoes before offering them a smile.

My Dad (Pap): Gluttony.

My Mom (Mamm): Sociability. Mom is the only other person I know who socializes as much as Shepherd when they go to church.

My Brother (Uncle Bro): A love of books.

No comments: