Wednesday, September 05, 2012

Indulge me for a moment as I brag about my son

The past 23 months have been wonderful.  I love being a mother.  I haven't started a career yet, and in many ways my twenties thus far have been unimpressive.  However, when I start feeling like a failure in any way, all I have to do is look at this picture:


Shepherd has been so kind and patient and loving as we have welcomed Lydia into our family.  I am constantly having to postpone his needs and desires to meet her more immediate needs.  And he has taken all of this with a grace I had no idea toddlers were even capable of.  As I have been stumbling through motherhood these past two years, I've honestly not had a clue if I was doing anything right, and so I've invested a lot of time in prayer that I would raise these children well enough.  When I see Shepherd's love for Lydia, I suspect God has been listening.   

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are doing a very good job.
Dad and I are very proud of you.

Love you,
Mom

Kayla said...

How sweet! You're definitely doing a lot of things right.