Friday, April 12, 2013

A Great and Productive Weekend

After months and months of participating in the soul crushing activity that is searching for a rental in Ardmore, BJ and I have decided to make the best of a not great house and just try to fix up the rental we have.  This past weekend, BJ's mother (aka Nana) flew down to help us with this undertaking.  As a result, we spent most of the weekend like this:


After two full days of doing nothing but painting, we managed to get the living/dining room, bedroom, and bathroom all painted.  Here are a few picture of the bedroom.



For the bathroom, I did three paintings last month of monsters doing bathroom type things (brushing teeth, washing hands, and flushing).  Dad built some frames for the paintings, and we painted the bathroom a light blue green.  I never thought I would say this, but I now sort of love my ugly, brown-tiled bathroom.  And Shepherd is enthralled with the monster paintings! 



And last but not least, the living room.  It is just a nice beige.  Painting the horrible white walls that have been the bane of my existence for the past year and a half was wonderfully therapeutic.   It feels so much more like a home now.




Thankfully, painting wasn't the only thing we did.  Here are some pictures from Nana's camera of the kiddos thoroughly enjoying her visit.








3 comments:

Kayla said...

It looks great! Good job!

Anonymous said...

Wow looks great! Love the colors. Sheperd is starting to look like a little boy, and Lydia is just precious. The expression Lydia is giving Jane looks just like the looks BJ used to give us when he was a baby. Can't wait to see them in July. Love Aunt Debra and Grandma Bev.

Sarah said...

Looks very nice. :) How funny that white walls were driving you nuts. I have beige walls that are driving me nuts and all I want is white!