Saturday, May 04, 2013

Boys start being boys at a very young age

I work out several times a week at the YMCA just down the road from our house.  While I work out, Shepherd and Lydia stay in the nursery.  Typically, it is all relatively uneventful, but last week it was made quite clear that Shepherd is such a boy.

First was when I went to pick the kids up from the nursery Wednesday morning.  All of the toddler girls were huddled in the corner glaring at my son.  The nursery attendant (we'll call her J) was crouched down with Shepherd having a little talk.  Apparently, he had taken a T-Rex with a functioning jaw and chased the girls around biting them with it.  I talked to him about it when we got home, but overall he seemed pretty proud of himself for getting the girls with a T-Rex.  It is hard to decipher all of his toddler jibberish, but I'm quite confident that I caught him bragging about it off and on all day.

When I went to the nursery Friday morning to retrieve my kids, J informed me that Shepherd had been picking on the little girls again.  Apparently, he would grab their toys and them stand back a few steps and smile coyly at them.  This upset them greatly.  J said that she kept telling the girls that if they wouldn't get so mad at him, he'd probably stop doing it.  He mostly does it for the reaction.  Thankfully, J thought it was hilarious and wasn't too upset with my offspring.  She just laughed and said, "He is such a boy."

Here are a few more things that make Shepherd such a boy:

-He loves frogs and bugs and dinosaurs and cars.
-He makes up songs about bacon and poop.
-He loves to play in the dirt.
-He incessently picks on his little sister.
-He never stops running.
-He is obsessed with choo-choo trains.
-He smells bad most of the time.
-He gets excited every time he passes gas.
-He picks and then eats his own boogers.
-He's a glutton.
-And most importantly, he loves his mommy.


No comments: