Saturday, January 20, 2007

What grad school does to a body

I just got home from a test, and due to cabin fever caused by the past two weeks of crazy weather, I decided to do an aerobics video. I asked BJ if he wanted to join me, to which he said no thanks. But with a bit of persuading, he agreed to do the toning section with me that comes after the dance portion.

So I did 30 to 40 minutes of working out and called BJ in for the 15 minute toning section. BJ smirked at first as we did light workout, but as it progressed, he said with a hint of confusion, "My legs are hurting a little." A bit shaken from the discovery that a woman's aerobic video might be harder than he thought, the video moved on to the stomach work out.

And then ten minutes later I hear: "My stomach's cramping and I can't breath" and "I think I'm going to die."

I've decided that BJ will be doing more aerobics with me.

2 comments:

Kayla said...

HAHAHA! I've always found it fascinating that men seem physically incapable of doing sit-ups without training. Most girls I know can do at least fifty sit-ups, even if they haven't worked out for a year. But guys have a real problem with that. Of course, it's probably just because women's bodies are designed to withstand incredible physical pain.

Brittany Baumgartner said...

B.J. should join us in the south exercise room sometime. Oh, and did you notice the time on my roommate's comment? 6:22 am! Are you freakin kidding me?? :)