Monday, February 12, 2007

Wondering why I said "I do"

During the first year of a marriage, I think everyone has moments when they can't believe how lucky, and then there are those moments when they wonder what in the world they have gotten themselves into. Tonight was one of the latter.

BJ was playing World of Warcraft with his friends, which I generally don't mind, especially on days like today when I'm doing homework. But for some reason, I decided to measure his devotion to me today to see which is more important: WoW or me. So I did what any wife who has lost all self-respect would do: I flashed him like a beadless girl at Mardi Gras.

At first, it seemed that he hadn't even noticed. I got irritated, but when I look at the conversation block on his screen I saw that the situation was far worse that him not noticing; he had written, "hey guys, gotta go. Kalyn is showing me her boobies." All the guys wrote their haha's, and then a moment later BJ wrote "I just got slapped", to which Dave responded, "Note to self: get a wife. Minus the slap."

I guess I should be proud of myself that BJ definitely chose me over quests and trolls and the race to level 70. But when BJ returned, there were entirely too many jokes about boobies, more specifically my boobies. This was disturbing. When Dave beat BJ to level 70 by four minutes, Dave did a little good-natured gloating, to which BJ responded "but I hit level 70 with boobies". After this, Dave had to admit that he would "take level 70 with boobies any day over just level 70." This has officially been one of the more embarrassing nights of my life.

2 comments:

Kayla said...

Wow, Kalyn. That is sad. I also think you might want to clarify at the beginning that "playing WoW with friends" does not mean the friends are in the room. At first, I thought you flashed BJ and his friends. At least he quit, though; I know of more than a few guys who would probably keep playing.

Emerald Lemmons said...

I know this heinous game and am sad to say even if my husband's friends WERE in the room he'd keep playing...and while THEY would notice the beadless girl at Mardi Gras routine, I seriously doubt he would. I stand by my previous oppinion: BJ is still perfect and you are still really lucky.