Thursday, March 15, 2007

Craziness

Well, this is the longest I've ever gone without writing a post, but I have a good reason. I went to Menard (where there are hardly any working computers) for a little of my spring break, and my grandmother ended up getting severally ill, so I've been consumed with that situation. I just got a call from mom that Grandma is doing better, though. Our family would appreciate prayers, though.

I have enjoyed getting to see my family, but this has been a tough break. In fact, I think I can safely label Tuesday night one of the worst nights of my life. There where two contributing factors to the horribleness of this night. First, everyone (including the doctors) seemed pretty certain that Grandma was going to pass away that night, so I couldn't stop thinking about the phone ringing. And to make matters even worse, Gus had found the tuna and dry food of my parent's cat, Abby. And he ate it ALL. Basically, he had three days worth of food in an evening. I probably don't need to write this out for anyone, but he was really, really sick. So I was trying to run him outside the whole evening plus cleaning up things when we didn't make it out in time. Finally, at around 3:30 a.m., he and I got to sleep, but he woke up at 6:15 with the same problems. In fact, it never really ended until about noon.

End the end, though, the night turned out all right. Grandma made it through and is improving, and Gus finally got all that food out of his system.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I understand your situation. Indy could not resist Uncle Igor and Uncle Tripods' food either and we spent a great deal of the vacation time moving it out of reach. Please tell your Mom that our prayers are with you all in petition for a full recovery for your Grandmother. Love to all, Karla (Emerald's Mom)