Saturday, March 24, 2007

Exhibit A

This week, I got in the photos of my senior art show, Exhibit A. I was really pleased with the quality of the photographs, so I thought I would post some pictures, ecspecially for people who wanted to see the show and couldn't come.

This is a photo of the pre-show preparations. Kayla and Emerald helped with a lot of the cooking. Kayla and her fiance, Darby, were helping me set up the refreshment's table just minutes before the door was open.


This is the group who I did the show with. Hanging above us is a whole bunch of A's. We each made about seven of these over the preceding week. The word Jazz is also in the grouping. This is because we had a live jazz band performing at the opening.


I love this photo because it is me talking to the person in the artwork we are standing in front of. A couple of summers ago I drew a charcoal picture of my brother, and it was in the show. So this is the model standing next to the artwork derived from him. Pretty cool.


I like this picture because I think it shows how chaotic the evening was. There were just tons of people there the whole time. Also, this is a good picture of what the gallery looked like as a whole.


This is my favorite picture from the evening. BJ and I are just standing around talking in the midst of the loud, busy room. I still can't really believed that I had a husband at the gallery opening. I never would have expected to have that sort of a guest at my senior show three years ago when I started my art degree. Life is funny.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hehe...Josh and I are in the third picture....back near the corner. Josh looks huge becaus he has his winter coat on him. No one else would notice this...but I do!

Anonymous said...

Oops...fourth picture, not third picture. that's all John...obviously.

Will Raz said...

Oh you can see me in the 6th picture back in the right hand corner, trying to make my ears stop bleeding from the jazz bands LOUD MUSIC!

P.S. you did a great job and thanks for putting free gum in all of those purses (ask Em she will know what I'm talking about).