Sunday, January 20, 2008

Weak Denim

My dad is notorious for making up lame excuses for a) over-eating and b) gaining weight. When we point out that he is eating more than should be humanly possible, his general excuse is that he "was feeling weak" and needed the boost of energy 1000 calories worth of Little Debbies so generously gives. And as for the weight gain, he usually uses the classic "My pants must be shrinking."

However, this week he got creative. While at work, Dad does a lot of very physical work. This requires tons of walking, climbing ladders, bending over, etc. While bending over in some task the other day, Dad heard the noise we all dread, the sound of pants splitting. Apparently, post-holiday season has been a bit of a squeeze. But I'll have to give Dad credit because he didn't revert to the old shrinking excuse. No, this time it was "weak denim" that caused the crisis. Wranglers just don't make them like they used to.

Just out of curiosity, does anybody have some good excuses they've used to blow off a couple (or ten) extra pounds?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My best excuse unfortunately shows my weakness in math. I was in Europe and I was just doubling the kilos thinking that was right. Well, it isn't. 2.2 times the number on the ever growing scale was much different!!! If you plan on spending alot of time in Europe - Watch out! Pastries and Bread and Cheese will get ya! I gained 70 lbs that year! Luckily I was young and able to lose it when I got home:) Love ya! Deborah