Thursday, February 28, 2008

Procrastination and moving on

It's official. I'm not cut out for graduate school.

Everyone in my classes seem so committed, but I'm having a really hard time making myself care. Every night I tell myself I'm going to do homework the whole evening and try to catch up, but I inevitably find myself in my art room painting with watercolors, sketching in some obscure corner of the house, reading about the election on the computer, doing yoga, or cleaning over and over again.

I realize I'm not the first graduate student to procrastinate, but this is the first time in my school career that I've ever not cared this much. Hopefully, I'll knock out of this before my major papers start being due.

On a more serious note, I've been waiting for the appropriate moment to announce that BJ will not be returning to his job next year. I think it is common enough knowledge now that I can put it on my blog. The school said he has been a very good teacher, but that they have a vision for the future, and he is not in this vision. We ask for prayers as we search for jobs for each of us next year. BJ is applying for ministry jobs, and I'm applying for teaching positions. I am really excited about the possibilities ahead of us. We have met some really fabulous people while we've lived here, but it is quite obvious to me that I was not cut out for the metroplex, and I am especially not a suburb girl. I am grateful for all that I've learned here (like how to drive in crazy traffic), but I'm ready to move on if it is God's will.

No comments: