Monday, March 10, 2008

Back on the job search

It was just a year ago that we were searching for jobs and living in uncertainty over where we would end up and what we would be doing in just a few months. Once again, we're in the same position. BJ had an interview yesterday for a campus ministry position. He was really impressed with the church, but we will have to wait to hear anymore on that job. There are several other possibilities on both of our tables, so we're trying to just trust that God will put us in the right place.

Some of these jobs, including the one BJ has interviewed for, are not in Texas and are, in fact, far from Texas. I have to admit, I am terrified at this prospect. Texas is home, and I suspect it will always be home no matter where me and BJ land. But I also want to be brave (however shaky my version of bravery tends to be) about this future transition.

I would appreciate prayers as BJ and I are navigating the job pool, but I have another prayer requests that is far more pressing. Theresa's husband, Sean, was injured in Iraq a week ago, and he will be undergoing surgery tomorrow that is expected to take about ten hours. Please be in prayer for his health, recovery, and transition from war zone to the states. They are an amazing couple, and they deserve the best. Please keep them in your thoughts.

1 comment:

Francesca said...

Kalyn
I got your blog address from your mom. So fun to read. I will definitely be in prayer for the job search. Leaving Texas would be a very scary change. Take care.

Paige