Sunday, April 20, 2008

Thirty is rapidly approaching...

BJ has now entered that precarious state we know as the beginning of the end. He turned 29 years old on Friday. One more year of his twenties. What's weird about this is that I vividly remember my mom's 30th birthday. BJ is old enough to have an eight year old!

As always, I got a little carried away with presents. I really, really like getting BJ presents, and I believe in a nicely coordinated wrapping scheme. This year was lime green, teal, and navy blue.

BJ was kind enough to wear white and denim so he didn't clash:

Of course, we also gorged ourselves on a lovely meal. Missing from the picture is steaks and slap-me-naked cake (I'll leave it to your imagination on the cake):

Kayla spent the weekend with us, which was a lot of fun. We went out for BJ's b-day, ranted and raved about church, politics, and a whole slew of topics, watched The Office, shopped with no money (but still managed to buy a few things), got mistaken for being twins, and planned a get away for all of our Fat Tuesday friends. It was an awesome weekend. Yay for birthdays, food, color-coordination, and college buddies!

1 comment:

Kayla said...

I had such a fun weekend with you guys! I wish Darby and I lived closer, so we could get together and play nerdy games. I've been reading "Stuff White People Like" for two hours, and I am hooked. It is hilarious, and so true. "The Kitchen Aid mixer is the holy grail of the white person's kitchen." Too funny!