Tuesday, June 03, 2008

The road to my crazy life

Today I visited my Site Meter, a resource that keeps track of how many visits this blog receives, where people are located who visit the blog, how long they stayed, what pages they viewed, etc. Pretty much the only thing it does not tell is the name of the visitor. I like to check up on these things occasionally out of curiosity: how many hits am I getting? Do people find my blog interesting enough to stay for a while? and so on. But my favorite tidbit of info is how people found my blog. Site Meter shows the exact source that lead the visitor onto my blog. Most of the time, people find my blog because they were reading one of my friends' blog, and a lot of people come directly to my blog because they are regular visitors. But occasionally, people find my blog by random searches done on Google or Yahoo. I started looking at the search words that lead unsuspecting web surfers into my domain, and I found that is was telling as to the randomness of the content of this blog. Here is a sampling of search terms that direct people to my blog:
  • over consumption of water in dogs
  • boy and dog praying
  • I got peed on
  • at our house we have a dog named gus
  • we pretty much make our living on crazy
Just knowing that the words "I got peed on" lead people to my virtual front door makes me happy. And also a little disturbed. I think I do indeed make my living on crazy.

No comments: