Saturday, February 05, 2011

The Highlight of My 26th Birthday

Today, I turned 26 years old. It was a good birthday full of card games, family, and good food. However, the highlight of the day came at the end when I was changing Shepherd's diaper. I had put him to bed, but he woke up angry over a soggy diaper. Shepherd has quite a temper, and in a fit of anger, he rolled over. It was the first time I'd ever seen him accomplish this feat. He was buck naked and red with anger, but I was so proud of him and immediately began clapping and cheering. When I rolled him to his back, he looked up with a confused grin that clearly said, "I can tell by your reaction I did something awesome, but I'm not sure what exactly it is I did." That moment alone made for a very happy birthday.

1 comment:

Kayla said...

I'm glad you had a good birthday!

Your card from me is probably going to be late. But it's not my fault. :) Our postman didn't come for two days because of the snow. I thought their whole thing was that they come in rain, sleet, and snow!