Saturday, January 29, 2011

Dress Code

The first couple of months of Shepherd's life, I was so enamored of all the baby shower clothes and the opportunity to live out my childhood baby-doll games, I kept Shepherd dressed pretty well most of the time. If he spit up on his outfit or had a diaper malfunction or managed to pee on his clothing during a diaper change while I was reaching for a wet wipe, I'd replace the adorable puppy-dog outfit he had started the day in with an equally adorable bear or tiger or monkey outfit. He was a very well-dressed little boy.

After three months of being a stay-at-home mom. I'm finding that I'm starting to fall behind on this particular aspect of the job. It isn't so much that I'm loosing the battle. Rather, it is that the battle is starting to seem less important. Here is a case in point. This morning, Shepherd started the day like this...


...and ended the day like this:


Between the shirt riding up, one booty missing, a total disappearance of the pants, and a nice stream of drool running down the chin, you might think something had gone terrible wrong somewhere along the way. But all I was seeing at this point of the day was a baby who wasn't crying or fussing and who had on a fairly dry and fairly clean diaper. I now know without a doubt that these are the things that constitute a well-dressed child, so in my book, he's still looking pretty cute.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

As a 2 to 3 day a week stay at home dad I have to say that Bruce is lucky to get out of his pajamas most day right now. In the warmer months he is lucky to get clothes as I let him sport the diaper most days, and I am way to cheap to buy those fake denim looking diapers too.

Anonymous said...

He looks perfect to me.
Nana

Anonymous said...

I agree with his Nana.

Love,
Mamm

Anonymous said...

I agree with your sentiments...The trouble is sometimes I look in the mirror and I see myself look that crazy:) Deborah