Friday, July 15, 2011

5 Years

This afternoon, I was working on a new paintings series (soon to be up on Etsy), so I did a little baby-proofing in the art room/office to help with my focus. The only real danger this particular room poses is the wires underneath BJ's desk, so I decided to simple use BJ's chair to block Shepherd's access to them. Five minutes later, I glanced up from my painting to see this:
This may look like just a picture of a baby climbing up a chair, but in reality it is a picture of my son laughing in the face of my baby-proofing attempts.

Changing subjects, BJ and I have been married five years today! We had plans to go see the new Harry Potter movie (we even had our first baby-sitter booked), but Shepherd has come down with a little stomach bug, so instead we're staying home with a mildly sick, very fussy, and undeniably self-destructive baby. I'm oddly not disappointed, though. This is our life right now. We have plenty of time for elaborate, romantic anniversaries later when we have more money and less little people depending on us. But for tonight, I'll be grateful to spend the evening underneath the same roof as my two boys, even if one of them puked on my earlier today.

(Note of interest: On our one-month anniversary, we woke up to Sienna puking after over-indulging in Tony's kitty litter box. So to my wonderful husband: We've come a long way, baby.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary to you and BJ! Life is just better with your little one next to you, isn't it? Enjoy your evening together and I hope Shep gets over his bug soon.

-Haylee