Tuesday, August 15, 2006

A crappy anniversary, literally

Today is our one month anniversary. Last night, I read my journal entries from before the wedding and on the wedding day, I got all sappy and nostalgic, and I let myself submerge into the happiness of the past month.

Then, I woke up this morning to an empty bed. I heard something next to me, peered down to the floor, and saw my husband bent over something with a sickly look on his face. He was cleaning.

Back up a few days: I cleaned Tony’s kitty litter box a few days ago and was amazed at how little was in there since it had been a while since I had scooped. My fears were that A) my cat was severely constipated or B) he had found another place in the house to relieve himself.

But no, this time it wasn’t Tony’s fault. Instead, it seems Sienna has acquired a habit of eating Tony’s crap. So it was Sienna who was keeping the kitty litter box empty, and it was Sienna who had made the mess BJ was cleaning. She threw up three times this morning before we woke up: in the hallway, the living room, and, finally, our bedroom. So BJ cleaned up a lovely mixture of his dog’s puke, my cat’s crap, and kitty litter gravel.

Happy Anniversary to us!

No comments: