Sunday, February 05, 2012

On expecting my second child

I just did the pony-tail band loop on my blue jean's button for the first time this pregnancy. It is one of those we-really-are-having-a-baby moments.

Pregnancy number two has been much more surreal than my pregnancy with Shepherd. I don't know if it is because it happened so much sooner than we expected or because we had a miscarriage scare early on (a long story for another time), but it is really hard to believe that we will soon be the four of us. Perhaps, that is why I haven't blogged on this pregnancy quite as much. It hasn't sunk in yet.

That being said, the important things have been the same with this pregnancy. I find myself day-dreaming about who he or she might be. I love reading what size it is with each passing week (right now, he or she is the size of an avocado). I am itching to start the nesting process and get a space and essential items ready (this will kick off in a few weeks when we find out gender). But mostly, I just find myself in the mushy process of falling for a child I can only imagine, a process also known as pregnancy. Despite the surreal-ness of the pregnancy, this is exactly were I want to be.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't imagine a better birthday gift than that. Love you bunches.
Nana