Wednesday, February 22, 2012

*sniff, sniff*

This pregnancy has been quite different from my first. I was more nauseated and more hungry the first trimester than at any other time in my life. I started showing a lot earlier. But mostly, I've just been much more emotional than I remember being with Shepherd. Crying is becoming a daily occurrence. Here are just a handful of the things that are making me cry these days:

1. One of Shepherd's favorite books is Guess How Much I Love You by Sam McBratney. Since it is a favorite, I read it 3 to 5 times every single day. The last line of the book is the daddy bunny saying to his son, "I love you all the way to the the moon and back." Everytime I read that last line, all 3 to 5 times a day, 21 to 35 times a week, and 90 to 150 times a month, I cry.

2. If you've ever been around me and BJ, you know that we do a lot of psuedo-argumentative, playful banter pretty much every moment we are together. It is just who we are. During dinner the other night, we were in the middle of some verbal jousting when all of the sudden I broke down crying. Whatever little joke BJ had said apparently hit too close to home, and it hurt my feelings. So like a complete idiot, I started gushing tears in between bites in the middle of a nice evening meal. When BJ started panicking and asking me what was wrong, I simply responded, "I'm just so pregnant."

3. For the past couple of months, BJ and I have been watching through Frasier on Netflix. We just got to the episode where a major character, Niles, has heart bypass surgery. When his wife, Daphne, was telling him goodbye before the surgery, I broke down crying. During what should have been a relaxing lunch hour, BJ paused the episode to see what was wrong with me, I sobbed, "I just can't stop thinking about what it would be like if you ever have heart surgery." I probably should have just made the I'm-so-pregnant excuse again.

On that note, here is a picture of the 4-month bump. It is sizeable.

2 comments:

Kayla said...

I cry soo easily already. Darby makes so much fun of me when I cry during TV shows. He says, "You know this isn't real, right?" I hope I don't get worse when I'm pregnant!

Anonymous said...

Maybe you aren't getting quite as much sleep this time around. Shepherd is keeping you running. You look wonderful!
Love you,
Nana