Tuesday, July 10, 2012

The Fruits of My Nesting

As I've said many times on this blog, I have had way too much fun getting BGG's area ready for her.  For the first six months to a year, she is going to be in mine and BJ's room.  Here is her 'room' followed by some close-ups of the different parts.


While my dad was here a few weekends ago, he painted this old vanity of mine peach and several wooden baskets I had yellow.  This has made a great, cute place for storage.  The yellow receiving blanket was knit by Aunt Alison!


Of course, Mom's quilt is central to the whole decor.  (Please ignore that we have no sheets on the crib. Shepherd had to sleep in BGG's bed last weekend when we had company, and we haven't put new sheets on yet.)

 
After matting and framing the painting I did for BGG, the piece really reflects the overall color scheme of yellows, peaches, pinks, and greens.  Obviously, I didn't want to limit my color scheme too much.

 
This is just a little wall hanging I threw together using a few things I found from Hobby Lobby.  The coral pink is a paint I used on the letters for BGG's name that hangs above the changing table.  Unfortunately, I won't be showing that part of the room because her name is still a secret.


Lastly, this is the changing table Nana and Papa got for us.  I love it!  I used peach scrapbook paper to label what is in each draw.


Of course, part of what makes the changing table so great is the mounds of girly clothes within it's drawers.

 
It is a good thing the room is ready because we are less that two weeks from the due date.  In fact, last night, I packed the hospital bag.

 
So to close, here is a picture of me this morning a 38 weeks pregnant.  I don't think I can get much bigger, but I'm sure I could be proven wrong. 




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

everything looks wonderful, especially you! You are the prettiest pregnant woman ever. Love you, Nana

Anonymous said...

You look fabulous!!! Thanks for putting your picture on here. I wanted to see you pregnant at this stage and you look beautiful! The room is so sweet. Can't wait to know the name and finally meet her!

Lots & lots of Love!!!

Marcy

Shannon said...

You look stunning!