Thursday, July 12, 2012

Shepherd's New Battle Strategy

I am very fortunate in that pregnancy isn't too hard on me.  I tend to keep a pretty good energy level and not get too uncomfortable.  However, at over 38 weeks, I am not quite as capable as always.  Shepherd has noticed.  Primary, he has noticed that I am having a little more difficulty picking him up, and he has also noticed that the more unhelpful he is, the harder it is for me.  This means that if he doesn't want to be carried somewhere, he gets as low and as limp as possible.

Towards that end, Shepherd and I were heading out the house yesterday to pick BJ up for lunch.  Shepherd doesn't like how hot the van is on these hot summer days when we first get in it, so he decided he didn't want to go for the ride.  Here is how he dealt with the situation:



After he laid flatly and limply on our front porch for several minutes, I finally managed to get him into the van and to the church.  But I am scheming my revenge.  A few weeks after BGG is born, I'll be back to my old form.  It is probably going to be a rude awakening for my little boy.

3 comments:

BJ said...

I love how he isn't throwing a fit. He's just quietly lying there.

Anonymous said...

Our two year old would be screaming while in this position...I hope the new addition goes smoothly for both of us. Can't wait to hear the name!!!!

Haylee

Anonymous said...

I think he's laying there plotting his next strategy. Rooting for you to stay one step ahead. Can't wait to see you.
Love, Nana