Friday, July 06, 2012

One of the many reasons I actually like where I live

In all honesty, it has been a while since I've lived in a place I really enjoyed.  Kentucky's weather was depressing, Frisco was too 'big city,' and Abilene, while I loved the people, was not the greatest scenery ever.  Ardmore, however, has my kind of weather (mild winters and hot summers), it is nicely medium as far as size goes, and the scenery is beautiful.

One of the biggest perks to living in Ardmore is that it takes us about 10 minutes to drive to a wonderful state park based around Murray Lake.  This morning, we took Shepherd to one of the beach areas at the lake, and we had so much fun.  Here are a few pictures of our outing, although for the safety of our camera, I wasn't able to get too many pictures of our splashy toddler in the water.  After all, that camera is about to have the job of taking 300 pictures of my newborn daughter within the first week.







And here are a few pictures of mid-morning snack time for Shepherd.  It consisted of goldfish and more goldfish.  We'll call it his first picnic.




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You look like you were all having a great time. Can wait to see you all, including BGG! Miss you like crazy.
Nana

Anonymous said...

Great pictures! Shepard is so precious. As well as you two!!! Oops three! She'll be here soon! So excited for you. Love you!!!

Marcy